You may have heard of those avid pinners, creating boards full of recipe ideas, photos of their dream homes, and DIY projects whenever they have a spare moment online. But have you heard of the success stories of Pinterest for Business? The social platform is used by many companies to gather data, recognize trends and build community.
Below we pulled businesses from 5 different industries that have successfully used this platform, as reviewed by Pinterest. Consider how your business may benefit following their lead and adapting some of these ideas for your own marketing needs.
Success Story #1 - Content Promotion & Idea Generation
1. See what news stories are most popular by analyzing what is getting the most repins.
2. Review other pinners' most popular pins to generate ideas for their next stories.
3. Experiment with new categories to see what content may be more popular than they would guess, finding out what works and what doesn't without as high of stakes.
4. Drive a huge amount of traffic to their site - the platform is Buzzfeed's second largest referral from social networks.
5. Promote old articles that would normally fade away. People often pin a story they find interesting and then come back to it later. Plus, the Pinterest searches bring up older, yet still relevant, Buzzfeed articles.
1. Promote Better Money Habits (BMI) which provides a page of resources for establishing smart spending methods. This educates clients on their life choices from buying their first car to saving for retirement.
3. Tailor content to the questions and needs of clients.